The use of hosting services from Afrihoster constitutes an agreement by the customer to the terms and conditions outlined below:
You are responsible for your sites and all sites that you host to be in accordance with all rules on this page. Misuse by you may result in actions on your account, including removal from the host with/without a notice and without a refund.
1. Account Setup
We will setup your account after we have received payment and we and/or our payment partner(s) have screened the order(s) in case of fraud. It is your responsibility to provide us with an email address which is not @ the domain(s) (e.g. email@example.com) you are signing up under. If there is ever an abuse issue or we need to contact you, the primary email address on file will be used for this purpose. It is your responsibility to ensure the email address on file is current or up to date at all times. If you have a domain name registered with Afrihoster, it is your responsibility to ensure that the contact information for your domain account and your actual domain name(s) is correct and up-to-date. Afrihoster is not responsible for a lapsed registration due to outdated contact information being associated with the domain. If you need to verify or change this information, you should contact our support team via email via sales@Afrihoster.com. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account.
All services provided by Afrihoster may only be used for lawful purposes. The laws of the Nigeria apply.
The customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Afrihoster from any claims resulting from the use of our services
Use of our services to infringe upon any copyright or trademark is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to unauthorized copying of music, books, photographs, or any other copyrighted work. The offer of sale of any counterfeit merchandise of a trademark holder will result in the immediate termination of your account. Any account found to be in violation of another’s copyright will be expeditiously removed, or access to the material disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of copyright laws will be suspended and/or terminated from our hosting. If you believe that your copyright or trademark is being infringed upon, please email abuse@Afrihoster.com with the information required. If the request is of a licensing issue, we may require further documentation.
Using a shared account as a backup/storage device is not permitted. Please do not take backups of your backups.
Examples of unacceptable material on all Shared and Reseller servers include:
- - Topsites
- - IRC Scripts/Bots
- - Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers
- - Pirated Software/Warez
- - Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic)
- - AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites
- - IP Scanners
- - Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications
- - Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
- - Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation)
- - File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare)
- - Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams)
- - Escrow/Bank Debentures
- - High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites
- - Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme)
- - Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
- - Prime Banks Programs
- - Lottery/Gambling Sites
- - MUDs/RPGs/PBBGs
- - Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
- - Sites promoting illegal activities
- - Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
- - Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs
- - Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)
- - Mailer Pro
- - Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc)
- - Tell A Friend Scripts
Afrihoster services, including all related equipment, networks and network devices are provided only for authorized customer use. Afrihoster systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure that use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operational security. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. Use of Afrihoster system(s) constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.
Any account found connecting to a third party network or system without authorization from the third party is subject to suspension. Access to networks or systems outside of your direct control must be with expressed written consent from the third party. Afrihoster may, at its discretion, request and require documentation to prove access to a third party network or system is authorized.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our terms of service in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
Any violation as stated above may result in the suspension or termination of your services with or without notice. All abuse issues must be dealt with via trouble ticket/email and will have a response within 48 hours.
Potential harm to minors is strictly forbidden, including but not limited to child pornography or content perceived to be child pornography (Lolita):
Any site found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice.
Resellers: We will suspend the site in question and will notify you so you may terminate the account. We will further monitor your activity; more than one infraction of this type may result in the immediate termination of your account.
Direct customers: Your services will be terminated with or without notice.
It is your responsibility to ensure that scripts/programs installed under your account are secure and permissions of directories are set properly, regardless of installation method. When at all possible, set permissions on most directories to 755 or as restrictive as possible. Users are ultimately responsible for all actions taken under their account. This includes the compromise of credentials such as username and password. It is required that you use a secure password. If a weak password is used, your account may be suspended until you agree to use a more secure password. Audits may be done to prevent weak passwords from being used. If an audit is performed, and your password is found to be weak, we will notify you and allow time for you to change/update your password.
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. “Safe lists” and purchased lists will be treated as spam. Any user who sends out spam will have their account terminated with or without notice.
You agree to supply appropriate payment for the services received from Afrihoster, in advance of the time period during which such services are provided. You agree that until and unless you notify Afrihoster of your desire to cancel any or all services received, those services will be billed on a recurring basis.
As a client of Afrihoster, it is your responsibility to ensure that your payment information is up to date, and that all invoices are paid on time. You agree that until and unless you notify Afrihoster of your desire to cancel any or all services received (by the proper means listed in the appropriate section of the Terms of Service), those services will be billed on a recurring basis, unless otherwise stated in writing by Afrihoster.
It is the customer’s responsibility to notify our support team via email at sales@Afrihoster.com after paying for a domain renewal and to ensure the email is received and acted upon. Domain renewal notices and invoices are provided as a courtesy reminder and Afrihoster cannot be held responsible for failure to renew a domain or failure to notify a customer about a domain’s renewal.
No refunds can be given, once a domain is renewed. All domain registrations, and renewals are final. Afrihoster reserves the right to change the annual payment amount and any other charges at anytime.
Backups and Data Loss
Your use of this service is at your sole risk. Afrihoster is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on Afrihoster servers.
User may not:
1. Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
2. Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
3. Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
4. Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
5. Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
6. Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
7. Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
8. Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
9. Run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
10. When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include(“http://yourdomain.com/include.php”) use include(“include.php”)
11. To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml).
12. Only use https protocol when necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.
You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month.
We reserve the right to change prices listed on Afrihoster.com, and the right to change the amount of resources given to plans at any time.
Afrihoster shall not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. Afrihoster makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. Afrihoster disclaims any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, no deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by Afrihoster and its employees.
Disclosure to law enforcement
Afrihoster may disclose any subscriber information to law enforcement agencies without further consent or notification to the subscriber upon lawful request from such agencies. We will cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies.
Changes to the TOS
Afrihoster reserves the right to revise its policies at any time without notice.
Violation of Rules
Breaking any of these aforementioned rules may result in immediate account suspension with or without notice and also without refund, as well as criminal prosecution where deemed necessary.